The Center for Solar Energy Research and Applications (GÜNAM) is a comprehensive national center in solar technologies, including photovoltaic, concentrating solar thermal, and cross-cutting technologies such as high-performance buildings, smart grids, and smart cities.
The center has also "Module Technologies Division" of which the Outdoor Module Test facility is in operation since 2012.
The facility includes:
- Module Testbeds: There are 22 testbeds for monitoring the performance of PV modules that are directly connected to the PV analyzer. These testbeds are convenient for different types and frame structures of PV modules.
- System Testbeds: Five mini-system (4 will be added in 2023) testbeds are suitable for long-term outdoor testing of PV systems with an installed capacity of around 1.5 kWp. The facility is equipped with a weather station, and global, beam and diffuse measurements.
GÜNAM manages an entire photovoltaic cell chain and offers both manufacturing and characterization procedures. The research focus is mainly on the increasing performance, durability, and reliability of PV modules and systems.
- PV modules/systems performance parameters
- Environmental and climatic condition of the region
- Effect of Environmental condition
- Calculation of degradation rates and the analyses
- Evaluation of performance ratios and outdoor efficiencies
I-V measurements, life-time testing, EL and thermal imaging for the electrical characterization of PV cells/modules can be conducted. Short- and long-term outdoor performance tests can be measured together with the meteorological parameters.
For further information, please visit http://gunam.metu.edu.tr/.
You are welcome to make direct contact with email@example.com
Pricing varies based on the services/work contribution requested. And provides further options for "free" services.