The IoT-MGLab is a living laboratory conceived to test and demonstrate real-life community and residential microgrids. The platform is a smart house, which can be used as a demonstrator of DC or AC distribution electrical systems to test resiliency and energy efficiency, equipped with:
- Roof-top Photovoltaic systems (10 kWp)
- Permanent magnet wind turbine (5 kW)
- Lithium-Ion battery pack (5kWh)
- Methanol-based fuel cell system (5 kW)
- EV charger (up to 22kW)
- Appliances: washing machine, dryer, kitchen, microwave, oven and freezer - IoT-ready and all of them controlled with Zigbee-based smart plugs.
- Real-time control platform including energy management and operation systems with forecasting and optimization.
- Several communication protocols such as Wi-Fi, Zigbee, LoRA.
The lab has contributed with H2020 and ERA-Net projects, e.g. Flex-ChEV, VICINITY, ASSET.
Please refer to www.crom.et.aau.dk
- Modelling and control of energy systems
- Integration of renewable and energy storage
- Smart metering and open-source energy digitization platforms, including data base & AI
- Integration of energy management systems and demand response
The lab is a living energy platform specifically designed for the validation of:
- Energy management systems and demand response programs
- Smart home appliances
- Power electronics and ICT platforms
- Integration of renewable energy generation mix and storages, under grid-connected and off-grid scenarios
The testbed consists of a PV system, wind turbine, DC and AC power electronic systems, and appliances. Smart devices: meters, plugs, cables, relays, sensors. Real-time energy control platform with multi-protocol sensor networks.
Get in touch with our contact point via email or phone. We have an application process for our validation support. For further information: https://www.et.aau.dk/laboratories/Microgrid+Laboratories/
Our services are free of charge but only available to partners chosen by us via our call process. Our offering includes energy system data, monitoring and energy management services. Due to varying project scopes, pricing is defined individually based on the services/work contribution requested. The public-level data of energy systems is free for our ecosystem companies and institutional partners.