23 July: MIA Online Event in cooperation with the Joint Programming Platform Smart Energy Systems (JPP SES) highlights two examples of energy communities from Spain. Join the discussion with researchers, civil society and service providers!
The MIA Online Event in cooperation with the Joint Programming Platform Smart Energy Systems (JPP SES) highlights two examples of energy communities from Spain: How is the legal framework designed? How are different stakeholders (prosumers, municipalities, service providers, etc.) involved? What are their challenges and learning processes?
Join the event and benefit from
- Insights into the legal framework in Spain, how are energy communities implemented there?
- results from research and practical application
- Two pioneering initiatives are presented:
- Sapiens: non-profit organization specialised in creating Renewable energy Communities (REC) where you can have a vote, a voice and be an active part on the Energy transition in your municipality, impacting positively on the environment and your town while you save money.
- EnerCoop: "Cooperativa Electrica Benefica San Francisco de Asis, Coop. V.", the main company of Enercoop Group, was founded in 1925 in Crevillent’ s Village, with the firm objective of distributing electrical energy to totaly dwellings of this town in a fairly way and respecting the environment. Total energy production of this company has zero emissions and works deeply to achieve that all the distributing energy should be 100% renewable as generated energy. Our Group is represented in all of the energy value chain, producing renewable energy, distributing with its own electrical grid that supplies more tan 14.000 clients and selling this energy in the retailer market. Now our company is involve to achieve the total Energy Transition.
is a passionate energy engineer working in the renewable energy sector since 2007. His background is in the wind sector where he has been working as asset and project manager. He specialises in energy markets, demand response, flexibility and energy strategies design for municipalities. Juan is currently the director of the renewable energy cooperative Sapiens Energia and he coordinates the Renewable Energy Communities hub powered by AVAESEN. His main purpose is to "put the energy in people hands".
is an electrical engineer with 20 years in the renewable energy sector. He has developed most of his professional career linked to the regional public administration in Spain, mainly in local or regional energy agencies, and has coordinated several working groups on self-consumption and energy transition in various associations. Since 2018 he is the CEO of Enercoop Group, the largest historical electric cooperative in Spain.
Date: 23 July, 10:00-12:00 CEST
Moderators: Ludwig Karg (Head of Knowledge Community Management, Head of Taskforce on Energy Communities) & Rafael Bahamonde Nieto (Turning Tables)
| 10:00|| Welcome by moderators|
| 10:05 || Opening Michael Hübner, (BMK Austria, Coordinator of JPP SES, Chairman of NSCG SET-Plan Action 4) |
| 10:15|| Vision of the Spanish regulator on Energy Communities, Sara de la Serna (IDAE)|
Presentations on two pioneering initiatives from Spain:
- Presentation on Sapiens, Juan Sacri
- Presentation on EnerCoop, Joaquin Mas
| 11:20|| Panel discussion and outlook to Local Energy Community Task Force, Ludwig Karg Head of Knowledge Community Management, Head of Taskforce on Energy Communities|
If you would like to participate, please register here.
Access to the Online Workshop will be provided after registration and shortly before the event.
BACK TO EVENTS