CALL CLOSED! CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST 2020: DIGITAL PLATFORM PROVIDERS FOR ENERDIGIT PROJECTS (MATCHMAKING & NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY)
Announcement of Call for Expression of Interest for Digital Platform Providers
The European Joint Programming Platform ERA-Net Smart Energy Systems (JPP ERA- Net SES) is pleased to announce a Call for Expression of Interest 2020 for Digital Platform Providers (DPPs). The Call for Expression of Interest has been launched on 4 June 2020 and will close on 30 June 2020.
of the expressions of interest takes place by filling out this online-form.
We also offer 3 Webinars for interested applicants, where we will present further details of the call and to give room for a Q&A session.
More Information are available here.
Scope and ambition
In autumn 2020, the JPP ERA-Net SES plans to launch its new focus area "EnerDigit” in close cooperation with Mission Innovation. With this new outline and a call for research, development and demonstration (RDD) projects, JPP ERA-Net SES aims at building bridges in the entire innovation chain. Partners from the ICT domain, business development and governmental institutions, start-ups and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) as well as financers and funders will be involved. To that end, a broad activation and matchmaking process will be launched.
This call for Expression of Interest addresses DPPs as partners for RDD projects. It seeks for ICT partners that offer technologies and services or parts of solutions that help building intelligent energy systems, potentially linking to other digital ecosystems. Such DPPs shall provide hardware, software and/or knowledge for RDD projects funded in the framework of JPP ERA-Net SES.
DPPs may provide solutions on all or specific hardware and software layers, according to their individual platform architecture. Within the JPP ERA-Net SES DPP Program, the architecture layers are differentiated as follows:
Benefits for Partners in the JPP ERA-Net SES Digital Platform Provider Program
The partners of the DPP Program mainly benefit from:
- high visibility via an engaging description of their value proposition on the JPP ERA-Net SES website
- exclusive matchmaking offerings
- early and exclusive access to projects and their results (even without being a project partner)
- opportunities to participate in the framing of key messages and recommendations of the initiative
To qualify as a partner for the DPP Program of JPP ERA-Net SES, applicants need to fulfil the following criteria:
- offer a solution on the market or with very high technology and market readiness level (TRL>=8, MRL>=8)
- provide well defined interfaces (API) to access the building blocks of the digital platform
- offer support to multiple JPP ERA-Net SES projects for the deployment of their developed solutions
- share information about experiences in existing implementation ecosystems
- e.g. living lab, medium or large-scale trial sites
- cooperate with the JPP ERA-Net SES coordination and call management
DPPs that qualify will be presented on the JPP ERA-Net SES webpage
for the DPP program and on a matchmaking platform that will soon be opened. Furthermore, Information cards describing the solutions and services provided by each DPP will be produced and published. For a DPP, there are multiple ways to connect to JPP ERA-Net SES and its projects, for instance:
- DPPs can enter a project consortium to apply for funding. JPP ERA-Net SES operates a matchmaking platform and organizes physical and virtual co-creation events where DPPs can meet candidates to form such a consortium.
- DPPs can engage in bilateral relations with one or multiple projects to use or incorporate their platform services. Again, co-creation events may be the opportunity to showcase the offerings and join project consortia as non-funded partner.
| Call opening
|| 4 June 2020
| Advisory period including webinar
4 June – 25 June 2020
| Webinars with Q&A session
|| 16 June, 18 June, 23 June 2020
| Deadline for registration of Expressions of Interest
|| 30 June 2020, 16:00 CET
| Deadline for qualification feedback
|| 15 September 2020
| Publication of Information Cards on website
|| End of September 2020
The full call text can be downloaded here.
Expressions of Interests must be submitted electronically no later than June 30, 2020 16:00 CET
by filling out this online-form
Note: There is another Call for Expressions of Interest for Transnational Validation Network open simultaneously with this call. An entity can participate in both calls and take both roles, i.e., partner in the Validation Network and listed Digital Platform Provider, if the qualifica-tion criteria for both are met.
More Information and Advice
For more information and advice for preparing your Expression of Interest, please contact Katharina Sartison from the Support Team of JPP ERA-Net SES via email@example.com.
All call-related information will be released on this webpage, it will be updated in the course of the call process.